Monday, May 21, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY Monday May 21, 2012

Outside my window... early morning sunshine

I am thinking... about the upcoming homeschool conference


I am thankful for... having a husband who is willing to work on our marriage and has stuck by me when I am grumpy

From the learning rooms... We are finishing up for the year.  We finished our main history curriculum 2 weeks ago.  Now we are just finishing up our 3Rs and some miscellaneous missed projects.  I am planning for the kids to continue math drills and reading throughout our summer break.

From the kitchen... I am really not sure.  Last night we had a delicious meal of hamburgers, corn on the cob and salad.

I am wearing... pajamas, but the baby and I are the only ones awake so I am feeling justified about my wardrobe today

I am creating... a pile of "stuff" for me to go through and purge today

I am going... to the pediatrician and then home to clean and work on school with the kids

I am reading... Nothing, although remarkably I did finally finish that John Grisham book 

I am hoping... that my house actually gets clean today

I am hearing... silence

Around the house...  Constant messes since I had the baby.  The kids have been pretty good helpers, but they are also great mess makers.  

One of my favorite things..the baby's Fisher Price Rock and Play Sleeper.  We go this instead of a bassinet and it has been awesome.  She sits in it every morning when she wakes up and occasionally naps in it.  

A few plans for the rest of the week... Last week was our last week of Co-Op for the year.  This week is the annual FPEA homeschool conference.  This year we decided to actually get a hotel room so DH could bring the baby back and forth to me when she needs to nurse.  



A picture I am sharing...  
Tyler receiving his Arrow of Light and crossing over into Boy Scouts



No comments: