Sunday, December 18, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY Sunday December 18, 2011

Outside my window... My husband taking his morning jog

I am thinking... about the documentary "Waiting for Superman" I watched last night.  I've never understood why some school systems/personnel are so threatened by home schoolers.  I would think that we are one less drain on an already overwhelmed system.  

I am thankful for... all the baby items people have given me

From the learning rooms... We are finishing up Week 14 in Rome to the Reformation.  We are learning about the Muslim faith.  I am reviewing math facts with the kids and trying to push forward on Language Arts for the next few weeks.

From the kitchen... we have been "scrounging" quite a bit on freezer food and ravioli.  I haven't really cooked much this whole pregnancy.  Jeff is planning on doing some bulk cooking this weekend so we have some freezer meals after the baby is born.

I am wearing... pajamas, of course

I am creating... a packing list for birth

I am going... to church and then possibly shopping with T sometime today or tomorrow


I am reading... nothing, I think I have lost all desire at this point

I am hoping... that the baby does not come before Christmas

I am hearing... the kids playing and fighting in the other room

Around the house...  I tried to clean up yesterday but it doesn't feel like I made any progress.  I can feel some nesting starting so, who knows, I might just start a big project.


One of my favorite things..the pregnancy massage I just received... heavenly

A few plans for the rest of the week... I have banned the kids from electronics this week.  They didn't really get in trouble, but have just had an overall bad attitude so we are taking a break until Christmas Even.  It should be an interesting week.


No comments: