Monday, February 6, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY Monday February 6, 2012

Outside my window... Sunny and warm

I am thinking... about how I have been trying to post a Daybook since the beginning of January. I am hoping I actually finish this one today.

I am thankful for... all the baby items people have given me

From the learning rooms... We started back to half days last week.  We are focusing on the 3 Rs and putting off our main curriculum/history for another month or until I feel like we can accomplish it.

From the kitchen... We have been super blessed to receive a bunch of meals from other homeschooling moms.  We have had a couple different kinds of soup, chicken alfredo pasta and even a couple great desserts.  This weekend Jeff and I made a bunch of different soups.  Tonight we are going out to dinner.

I am wearing... my pajamas and a cardigan because I am cold

I am creating... more "to-do" lists... just because I can.  Oh, and also, because it is something I can easily do on my phone while holding a baby.  

I am going... to pick  my Mom up from the airport


I am reading... nothing, who has time for that right now

I am hoping... the baby sleeps for an hour so I can get some of the things on my To-Do list completed

I am hearing... the kids laughing at a cartoon and the baby swing creaking

Around the house...  I just spent the morning cleaning up some messes that I am not sure why exist.  Isn't that why I have a "helper" living with me?


One of my favorite things..my specialty breastfeeding pillow I bought when I had Maggie.  I had loaned it to my SIL and asked her to return it but she never did.  Luckily she managed to find it after I asked again.  It is not the traditional "bobby" but a softer more flexible pillow and both Lillian and I prefer it to nurse with.

A few plans for the rest of the week... Tyler has PE and the kids have Co-Op on Thursday.  I am not sure if we will make it to the park on Friday.  The baby has a doctor appointment on Friday also.  Tomorrow is my birthday and I am taking the kids to see "Pinkalicious" at the theater downtown.


No comments: