Friday, August 27, 2010

7 Quick Takes Friday (Vol. 3)



1. I am exhausted. I was on the go for two days this week and that pretty much exhausted me. I've been blaming my exhaustion on my classic introversion, but now I am wondering if it is more related to my low calorie diet?

2.
I am on a low calorie weight loss plan. I'm not going to argue the merits of one plan vs another. I won't argue that a low calorie plan is healthy vs unhealthy. I will just say this: I have lost 50lbs and I have NEVER lost more than 10 lbs at a time my whole life.

3.
I love to shop for office supplies. Maybe I should get a job in purchasing? I made my weekly rounds to the office supply stores yesterday. Target had a 3-pack of tape for $1 and medium binder clips for $1. Honestly I never thought I would use binder clips, but they come in very handy. I went to Office Max and spent 3 cents!! No, that is not a misprint. I bought 3 reams of loose leaf paper for 1 cent each. (where is that cent sign shortcut again?)

4.
My daughter cracks me up. We were studying proper nouns this week and talking about the proper names of people in our family. I asked her what her Grandpa's name was. She said "Queen Duck??" with a confused look on her face. Oh my, I laughed so hard. The way her brain works is so intriguing... (My Dad's real name? Donald King)

5.
I hate science. I bought the kids a very elementary science program this year. We are doing a PRE-Chemistry level so I thought I could handle it. The first day I got stumped with "What is matter?" I couldn't really explain it. It doesn't help that my introverted brain struggles to find the words to express my thoughts. It also doesn't help that I have absolutely ZERO interest in science. It is too bad the kid's Grandfather, who happens to be a chemist, doesn't live closer.

6.
The Sims sucks the life out of you.
My super nice friend gave me a copy of The Sims 3 recently (thanks Nathalie). I was so excited. I have been a Sims fan for over 10 years and really wanted to try the newest version. It is pretty cool. The graphics are great and Wow, it has a lot of interesting features that are so advanced from the original version. My kids love it also. We love it so much that I spent most of the day Monday playing it. Yeah before I realized it my husband was home from his errands and I thought I was a virtual person named Mommy who worked at the hospital and has really cool hair! Seriously it is super easy to get caught up in trying to advance your Sim's life that real time passes by way too quickly.

7.
My hair sucks. Speaking of my Sim's awesome hair, mine sucks. I am very impulsive about getting hair cuts so this is not a good feeling. I was trying to wait until November to get a hair cut, but now I have hair envy. Do you think my beautician will laugh if I bring in a picture of my alter ego?

1 comment:

Nathalie said...

You crack me up! And I love the "Queen Duck" answer, roflmao!