Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Weekly Wrap-Up: Week 1

I would say we had a fairly successful first week of homeschooling. Of course, how would anyone know since I haven't posted on this blog for a week! I have a mental hangup because every time I decide to post, the "photo" issues I have with blogger stop me in my tracks. My friend Nathalie posted about this last week, so at least I know I am not alone. Apparently though she actually knows how to fix it. :) I don't really enjoy reading blogs without any kind of clip art or photos, so it is hard for me to post this without an accompaniment. I will try to drown my anal retentiveness for a moment and continue with this posting.

Last week:
1. My son did very minimal complaining. If you lived in my house last year you would understand what a HUGE accomplishment this was.

2. My son did not complain when given his math assignment and actually did it!! (See #1, math being our most hated subject)

3. My idea of getting DD6 (our social butterfly) a CD player for her bedroom is working out great. When I am busy with DS and she starts getting restless I am sending her to her room to straighten up while listening to books on CD or accompanying CDs to her lessons.

4. We had a great Thursday: Our HS friends came over to swim with us and then Ts friend N got to spend the night while I got to got to MNO with my friend (N's Mom). We had a delicious steak (for me) dinner and some light shopping at Target.

5. Friday we met with our homeschooling group at a bounce house and the kids had a great time playing. Ok, it wasn't a great day for me. The noise in the bounce house was excruciating and I left with a killer headache. I am also a classic introvert, so the overwhelming chaos of the situation left me in shut down mode. I think I went to bed at 8:30 that night.

6. Saturday (our normal veg day) was a busy morning of running errands and activities. T had a horseback riding outing with his Cub Scout group. This was his first time on a horse and he LOVED it. I was surprised, since he is my child who is more reserved about trying new things.

7. Sunday I had a full day of shopping planned. I had a few items I really needed to return and I also wanted to take advantage of tax-free weekend for school shopping. I was reluctant to leave the house, but after I got started I enjoyed my day. I called a friend to meet me for lunch and we ended up spending the rest of the day shopping together. We probably bought alot more supplies than we needed, but we had a great time.

I am thankful that our new school year is starting out on a positive note. I hope we all can keep the positive attitude thru the winter.

1 comment:

Nathalie said...

What no pictures?! lol.
I'm glad you had a good 1st week (and the kids too!) and I hope our 1st full week will go well too. I'm nervous about how much MORE I plan to do this year...