Monday, August 9, 2010

Back to School Shopping


Today was our official first day of school for the year. As you can imagine, my kids were thrilled! (insert sarcasm)

We celebrated by taking the kids out to breakfast at Bob Evans. Then Hubby and I each took a kid and headed in separate directions. He took a quick trip to Lowes and to pick up our library reserves. M and I headed to staples for some back to school shopping. They had a few sales that were only good for 3 days and I didn't want to miss out on the copy paper for $1. We ended up with a few good deals:
Bright Colored Paper $4 a ream, regular price $14.99
Filler Paper .01 each, regular price
and this great last minute find of a desk organizer for $5.


I actually had a wonderful beautiful desk carousal I got from Michael's last year, but I finally had to admit to myself that if just wasn't functional for what we needed. It was created for scrap bookers and the sections are too deep for the supplies we use. I am disappointed to give it up, but the organizer in my will be much happier with a better functioning tool.

Then, since I left some required items at home, we had to scrap our trip to the post office and bank. We headed home to begin our schooling for the day. Let's just say I am glad I planned light because it is chaos. Even though I spent last week planning, I can't seem to figure out what I need to do next. Luckily, I know I am not alone with the first week disorganization.

No comments: