Monday, August 15, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY Monday August 15, 2011

Outside my window... a baby snake, possibly coral snake

I am thinking... about how I am afraid of snakes and wondering where the mother snake is

I am thankful for... Maggie being excited about doing swim lessons with her Dad.  We had a bad experience last week at the public pool swim lessons.  She spent 1/2 the week crying and the on Thursday I pulled her from lessons after witnessing them refusing to help her when she was in a panic.  I believe in patience and trust so this was not acceptable to me.  I am just glad she is not afraid of the water.

From the learning rooms... Week 3 of RTR, but we are behind already.  I feel like there is alot of history reading each day. It is hard for me to do it all because my voice gets very tired reading aloud.  We also have a homeschool swim day tomorrow and some other activities invading our week.  I think I might do 1/2 day catch-ups this week and try to get back on track next week.

From the kitchen... grilled chicken and beets... I know a very weird combination   

I am wearing... maternity pants and a T-shirt.   Someone said to me today "Wow you don't even look pregnant for being due in January"  I am going to take that as a compliment, but I do tend to just get larger all over and never get that pregnant tummy

I am creating... a giant mess everywhere because I can't seem to find a good organizational plan for myself this year

I am going... nowhere but I have been gone all day.  I had a very long organizational meeting for a new Homeschool co-op in our area.  Then Maggie and I went to lunch and Wal Mart.

I am reading... a trashy romance novel that is not very good.  I am a little disappointed because her newer novels are very interesting

I am hoping... that we have fun tomorrow at the water park and I am able to catch up on some things this week

I am hearing... Jeff working in the kitchen and Tyler playing on the computer

Around the house...  My kitchen floor is an absolute disaster and I actually swept and mopped recently.  I am super happy that Jeff was able to fix my Shark vacuum today.  I have the kids sweep the floor with it and it would not charge for the past few weeks.

One of my favorite things... having DH off on Mondays.  I originally didn't like it, but it makes things so nicer when we have a doctor, etc appointment, especially now that DD does not like to be out of our sight

A few plans for the rest of the week..Swim party tomorrow with our homeschool group, PE, chiropractor appointment, possible shopping trip to Old Navy and a play date on Friday


Here is picture I am sharing...
Baby snake in our driveway


No comments: