Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY Tuesday August 2, 2011

Outside my window... my husband on his morning run

I am thinking... about how exhausted I am from my overbooked week and remembering why I try not to plan more than one thing a week

I am thankful for... the fact that playdate is at my house this Friday and I can actually stay home :)

From the learning rooms... School started yesterday with a lesson from a Greek Slave who was brought to Rome to tutor the children.  At lunch we partook of a Roman Feast (at a Greek restaurant) and then retired and celebrated the day with a movie and ice cream.

From the kitchen... leftover Cowboy Chili from yesterday

I am wearing... pajamas

I am creating... an irregular income budgeting list

I am going... downtown to see a play.  I am debating on if I should try to rush home and finish a day of school or just plan another educational activity while I'm out to get the most of my drive time.

I am reading... The Ocean Between Us by Susan Wiggs (I haven't made much progress since last week)

I am hoping... that Maggie's doctor's appointment today is quick and I have enough energy to make a quick stop at Wal Mart after

I am hearing... Quiet!!  For some reason my kids slept in today.  Shocking

Around the house...  I really need to sweep and mop my floor, but since it is my most dreaded job I have been putting it off.  Maybe I can motivate myself like N by putting on my apron?

One of my favorite things... my kids actually sleeping in this week

A few plans for the rest of the week..Shakespeare Theater, PE Class, VBS, Playdate and possible Art Co-Op


Here is picture I am sharing...
Our Roman Feast

No comments: