Monday, September 5, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY Monday September 5, 2011

Outside my window... Sunshine and a bunch of bikes and scooters laying in the yard

I am thinking... about what I need to buy to prepare for the baby.  I normally wouldn't be that concerned at 22 weeks, but I have heard so many stories of premature births lately it has put me in a panic.  I cannot stand to be unprepared and I at least need a written list to feel secure.

I am thankful for... a healthy pregnancy

From the learning rooms... Week 6 of MFW  I have a feeling it might be a long week.  We are 1 hour into our Monday and I am about to pull my hair out.

From the kitchen... whatever DH brings home from the grocery store.  However we are also trying to do a batch cooking day.  DH made waffles and later we are making breakfast burritos, breakfast cookies, and hamburger soup.   

I am wearing... lounging pants and an old shirt.  I am desperately in need of pants that fit :(  I bought a new maternity outfit off ebay that I really liked but the pants are too tight.

I am creating... another new ToDo list.  I found a new app "Producteev" and I think it might work for me.  I have been trying to find something I could easily access from all my different electronic devices.  That has not been easy since they all work on different operating systems, but I think this might work.  Of course I can't easily access it from my Palm Pre, but that is about to be retired so I won't worry about the phone.

I am going... nowhere special this week.  Sometime in the next few weeks I hope to see a movie with a friend and spend a Mommy and Daughter day with Maggie.

I am reading... nothing because I unwisely sped thru the 4 books I got from the library last week and spent the Holiday weekend with nothing to read.  I still can't figure out why the library needs to close on Saturday for the Monday holiday.  Frustrating!

I am hoping... that DH and I manage to accomplish all that we want to do today:  batch cooking, schoolwork, catching up on science and watching a DVD from Netflix we have had for 2 weeks.  DH also needs to go to the grocery but he is sucked into the end of one of the Harry Potter books.  I can't say I blame him.  It is hard to put down a good book.

I am hearing... the kids playing outside now.  I had to kick them out because they were having trouble concentrating on school.

Around the house...  Last week's new chore "system" worked pretty well.  The kids want to switch their jurisdiction each week so we will see how it goes.  Tyler did very well on his bathroom last week, but Maggie had problems sweeping the kitchen.  

One of my favorite things... My timer.  Unfortunately I dropped it on the floor last week and now it won't work.  I am very bummed.  It didn't crack or anything, so I am not sure why it won't work.

A few plans for the rest of the week..PE, HS Co-Op, Play date, Art Co-Op


No comments: