Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Weight Loss Wednesday


I am finding it harder than I thought to consistently blog and to be open and honest in my blogging. I don't mind telling strangers my issues, but I would rather not share them with people I know! LOL I know I am not the only one with these issues. My friend Nathalie has a blog I'm sure she regrets sharing with me ;) but also has hidden blogs. This blog is "hidden" in the sense that I have not shared it with my extended family. However since the original intention was a "diary" of sorts for myself then I guess I need to actually share with myself what is happening. And thus, weight loss Wednesdays is born....

Back in February 2010 my SIL started posting on Facebook about loosing weight. Then she posted about how my brother lost like 40 lbs in one month or something ridiculous like that. I finally decided that if I lost weight only 1/2 as fast as he did it would still be a huge success. I started The Program on March 15, 2010. I have now lost 62 lbs. People are FINALLY starting to notice and I am buying new clothes in regular sizes. It is all pretty exciting. I still have more weight to loose, but I have finally lost enough that it is really making a difference. It is pretty depressing when you loose 25 lbs and no one notices. It is tough to keep going sometimes, but right now I am happy and energetic and ready to go the distance.

60 lbs 9/27/10

2 comments:

Mom to the Fourth Power said...

Awesome job losing 62 pounds! Woo Hoo! I hear ya on people noticing. It took me losing a TON before anyone noticed. They would notice my hubs but not me. In fact, on Sunday, a lady asked me if I'd been losing weight and I said "Yes, I've lost over 100 pounds so far" and she looked astonished! I guess I hid it well.

But what's important is that I know it and feel so much better.
Congrats on buying new smaller clothes... how fun is that! You look great!!

~Margene

D said...

Thanks Margene! I understand about the hubby thing too. Mine lost like 10 lbs and was getting all sorts of compliments at work. But I am proud of him and I know you are of your DH also. It would just be nice to have their metabolism sometimes! :)